What is a veneer?
This exiting technique is used to bond a thin porcelain layer onto the tooth enamel.
When is it used?
- For discoloured teeth
- Unwilling to do more invasive, time consuming or costly procedures.
- Improving alignment, size and shape of teeth
Advantages of porcelain
- It does not stain like composite resin
- Lasts long
- Tolerated well by the gums
- It may chip off (especially when the patient does not use a night guard against grinding)
- Tooth Enamel will have to be reduced
- More expensive than composite resin